Getting a cell phone plan that is affordable can be difficult because of the many plans out there. Service and coverage is important for cell phone plans and the big three carriers, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and AT&T, have some of the best in the country, but what about prepaid plans?
Prepaid cell phone plans have taken off in recent years and have become extremely affordable. They allow you to enjoy the same network as the big carriers, but with some potential deprioritization. Finding the perfect cell phone plan can be tricky, but prepaid plans are ones to look into.
If you want to get a new cell phone plan, consider checking out these top prepaid cell phone plans in 2023 that are super affordable!
If you want to switch cell phone carriers, then consider looking into Really to help you with all of your phone services needs! At Really, you can compare phone plans to get more bang for your buck, and you can see what carriers and plans are in your area, sort by price, best value and more, and even click on the plan you wish to learn more about in an instant.
Why Choose a Prepaid Cell Phone Plan?
There are a ton of prepaid cell phone plans to choose from, but why choose one to begin with?
It can be quite difficult to select a cell phone plan because of all of the different factors that can go into the process. Trying to find a plan that is affordable, allows you to add lines for you and your family, and even includes the features, service, and coverage you need can be tough.
There are many cell phone plans to check out, especially prepaid ones, and here are five reasons why you need to make the switch!
Put More Money in Your Wallet
One of the best reasons why people choose a prepaid plan is because of how affordable they are. While you may not have everything that your old cell phone plan with a big carrier had, or even new features, you will enjoy the fact that a prepaid plan can help to put more money in your pockets to use for other necessities.
Prepaid cell phone plans can help you save hundreds of dollars each year. For example, you can save up to $600 in over two years just from making the switch from a big carrier to a mobile virtual network operator, or MVNO. You can still take advantage of great service and coverage for a price that is more worth it compared to staying on a large carrier.
Get the Same Reliable Service and Coverage
Many people believe that by signing up for a prepaid cell phone plan, you won’t be able to get the same reliable service and coverage that you had with a big carrier, but you actually can. Every MVNO shares the network coverage with one of the big three carriers in the country, so you can still talk, text, and use your data no matter where you’re at.
With prepaid cell phone plans, you’ll be able to enjoy the same network as customers from T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, or AT&T, but there is a potential that you may suffer from deprioritization, meaning that they could slow your data down.
Enjoy the Same Features
Another great thing that many people like when making the switch to a new prepaid cell phone plan is being able to enjoy some of the same features that you’ve always had. There are many cell phone features that you can enjoy such as unlimited talk, text, data, international calling and texting, mobile tethering, or even entertainment perks on a prepaid plan.
The best thing about prepaid cell phone plans is that you can enjoy some, if not all of the same features for a more affordable price. There are even some instances where you may be able to get more for the money that you spend and it can be applied to either individual plans, or family ones.
A favorite feature among many when it comes to getting a prepaid cell phone plan is the freedom of flexibility. Prepaid plans normally only last for one month, three months, six months, and in some cases, a year, depending on the carrier, but you’ll never be stuck in a long-term contract that you despise.
Prepaid cell phone plans allow you to freely adjust your plan at any time to make sure that it fits your needs for either yourself, or your family. This is something that is unheard of when it comes to long-term contracts where you are normally stuck in a plan for at least two years. Normally, you’ll have to deal with what you have, and if you hate your plan, it can make paying for it miserable.
No Credit Checks Necessary
When it comes to signing up for a cell phone plan through a large carrier, you’ll normally have to do a background check to reassure the carrier that you will be able to afford your monthly bill. Carriers want to make sure that they’re not wasting their time with you, but if you want to avoid this, a prepaid plan is the best cell phone alternative.
With many prepaid cell phone carriers to choose from, you may be wondering why they don’t do credit checks. The reason for this is that you pay upfront for what kind of plan that you want and then you get access to all of the features, service, and coverage after you pay. MVNOs don’t worry about credit checks since they get their money upfront first before giving you access to their services.
The Best Prepaid Cell Phone Plans of 2023
There are so many cell phone carriers to choose from, and perhaps a prepaid one is right up your alley!
It can be difficult to find the best cell phone plan that fits your budget, and also gives you the best service and coverage provided in the country. Prepaid cell phone plans have taken off and many people are canceling their plans from the big carriers and investing in something that will help them save more money overtime.
Consider checking out these top prepaid cell phone plans of 2023 to help you save money and get the most out of your plan!
If you want a cell phone plan that is both affordable and allows you to choose how much data you or your family needs, Mint Mobile is the best plan out there for you. Mint Mobile is a carrier that has been highly regarded in recent years due to how inexpensive it is for T-Mobile’s fast service, coverage, and other benefits.
There are many features that are included in Mint Mobile’s cell phone plans that you’ll love to take advantage of:
- Unlimited talk and text
- Unlimited 35GB of 4G LTE or 5G data with reduced data speeds after
- Uses T-Mobile’s 5G nationwide coverage
- 3-in-1 SIM Card Kit or eSIM for eligible cell phones
- Keep your current cell phone and number when switching to Mint Mobile
- Free international calling and texting to Mexico and Canada
- 5GB of a mobile hotspot available
- Wi-Fi calling and texting available
- New customer discounts
- Add two lines starting at $15 per line
- Flexibility to change your plan if you’re not liking it
- Manage your account with the Mint Mobile app
It’s hard to pinpoint the best cell phone plans out of the ones that Mint Mobile offers, so here’s a breakdown of the plans they have:
- $15 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 4GB of data
- $20 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
- $25 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 15GB of data
- $30 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and data
You may be looking for a cell phone plan that is unique in terms of what it offers for data plans. If you need data at an affordable price, and the access to AT&T, Verizon Wireless, or T-Mobile’s network coverage depending on the area that you live in, then consider getting a plan through Google Fi.
Google Fi is an incredible cell phone carrier that has some of the best features offered for prepaid plans:
- Unlimited talk and text
- Unlimited high-speed 5G data
- T-Mobile’s 5G nationwide service and coverage
- No contracts or activation fees
- Built-in VPN and spam blocking
- Data budgets available
- Contact controls available
- 24/7 customer support
- Easily switch plans whenever you want to
- Use Fi app to manage your account anytime
- Mobile hotspot available on some plans
- Entertainment perks available
- 100GB of cloud storage available on some plans
- Free unlimited international talk and text to Canada and Mexico
- Free talk and text to over 200+ countries on some plans
There are a few different plans offered through Google Fit that can range from the following for you or your family:
- Flexible - $17 per line per month plus for unlimited talk, text, and $10 per GB of data used
- Simply Unlimited - $20 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and data
- Unlimited Plus - $40 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, data, and mobile hotspot
One of the oldest prepaid cell phone carriers in the game that still offers some of the best service and coverage is Boost Mobile. Owned by T-Mobile, they offer affordable prices and a great array of features.
Boost Mobile offers a ton of features that you’ll enjoy as soon as you sign up including:
- Unlimited talk and text
- Set data allotment plans or unlimited data plans
- Mobile hotspot available
- New customer only deals
- T-Mobile’s 4G LTE or 5G nationwide coverage
- No contract plans
- Data pack available
- Phone insurance available to add onto plans
- International calling to Mexico, Canada, and more
- Boost call screener to protect against spam calls
Make sure that you check out some of the best cell phone plans that are offered through Boost Mobile:
- $15 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $25 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data
- $35 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
- $50 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 25GB of data
- $60 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 35GB of data
If you love Verizon Wireless’ incredible network because of how reputable their service and coverage is for customers, then you should consider looking more into Visible. This MVNO is owned by Verizon Wireless and it may be on the pricier side of prepaid cell phone plans, but the features and service you’ll have is impeccable.
Visible cell phone plans come with a ton of benefits that you should be aware of before signing up for any of their plans:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data
- 4G LTE or 5G nationwide coverage
- Unlimited mobile hotspot
- Spam protection
- Unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada
- 5G ultra wideband on their most expensive plan
- Unlimited roaming in Mexico and Canada on most expensive plan
- International calling and texting to 30+ countries
- International texting to 200+ countries
- 24/7 access to customer service
- Add a smartwatch for and extra $5 per month
- No hidden fees
There are only two different plans offered through Visible, but they both offer everything that you and your family will need:
- Visible Plan - $30 per month for unlimited talk, text, data, mobile hotspot, and 4G LTE and 5G nationwide coverage
- Visible+ Plan - $45 per month for unlimited talk, text, data, mobile hotspot, 4G LTE and 5G nationwide coverage, 5G ultra wideband, and premium network experience
When it comes to MVNOs, Tello is one of the best. Tello offers a ton of different plans at different prices and data allotments, and it also uses T-Mobile’s incredible fast service and coverage that is perfect almost anywhere throughout the country.
Tello has a ton of features that are included in almost all of their plans:
- T-Mobile’s fast high-speed 5G nationwide service and coverage
- 4G LTE and 5G speeds available depending on your cell phone
- Unlimited texting available on all plans
- Free mobile hotspot included on all data plans
- Can use minutes in over 60+ international countries
- Plans automatically renew every thirty days
- No contract prepaid plans
- Can cancel at any time with no early termination fees
- Can upgrade or downgrade plan at any time with no extra fees
- Wi-Fi calling available
- Bring your own cell phone and number
- Buy smartphone if needed through online store
- Incredible customer service
It’s also important to get to know some of the plans that Tello offers. There are plenty to choose from, but some of their popular ones include:
- $10 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data
- $14 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $19 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data
- $24 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
- $29 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and data
Cell phone plans can be super expensive and it can be difficult to find the one that will best fit your budget, have the size of a plan that you need, and also include the features that you need. Prepaid cell phone plans have come a long way since they were first created and they can help you to put more money in your wallet for the same service.
With so many prepaid cell phone plans to check out, consider signing up for one of the best ones of 2023 today!