It can be difficult to find a cell phone plan that best fits your budget, but also gives you great service and coverage no matter where you are. Looking for a plan that has the best nationwide 5G coverage, high-speed data, and also comes with the extra features you’re looking for is important, but knowing where to begin your search is a whole other story.
Wing Alpha is a great MVNO that offers a ton of perks and it is one of the most affordable MVNOs that are currently available right now. There is a lot to know about this carrier that is important to go over.
Here is a more in-depth look into Wing Alpha and why they might be a great fit for you!
Wing Alpha At a Glance
Getting to know Wing Alpha and what kinds of prices, services, and features they can offer you is essential before signing up for a plan.
Here is a little bit more about Wing Alpha and a glimpse into what they can offer you!
What is Wing Alpha Best Known For?
It’s important to get to know what a cell phone carrier is best known for before signing up for any kind of plan. Wing Alpha is best known for their reliable service and coverage that uses the best 4G LTE and 5G coverage around the nation. No matter what network works best for your area, AT&T, T-Mobile, or even Verizon Wireless, through Wing Alpha, you will be connected to the best network while saving money.
How Much is a Wing Alpha Plan Per Month?
The price of a cell phone plan is another important factor to consider before making the decision on which carrier is best for you. Wing Alpha offers a few different plans for great prices. Their prices range from $12 to $65 per month depending on the plan that you need.
What Kinds of Plans Are Offered?
Wing Alpha offers a ton of different plans to its customers so you can choose the one that best suits what you need. They offer flip phone plans, set data allotment plans, unlimited plans, and even family plans where you can add up to nine lines.
What Network Does Wing Alpha Use?
The best thing about Wing Alpha is that they can connect you with what network works best in the area that you live in. Whether it’s AT&T, Verizon Wireless, or T-Mobile, you’ll be connected to the network that works best in your area, gives you the fastest 5G data speeds, and has exceptional service and coverage.
Can You Use Your Own Phone on a Wing Alpha Plan?
Another great feature about Wing Alpha is that they allow you to bring your own phone to their plan if you’re not looking to upgrade and if you want to save some money. They also sell their own phones too, but you’ll be able to bring your own phone with no issues and use it like you would with any other carrier.
Wing Alpha: Pros & Cons
It’s always important to learn what people like and don’t like about not only cell phone carriers, but any kind of service or product that is out there. Here is a little more about Wing Alpha’s pros and cons.
👍 What We Liked
- Connect You to the Right Network. The best features about Wing Alpha is that they will connect you to the phone plan that works best in your area, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon Wireless.
- Bring Your Own Phone. While Wing Alpha sells cell phones if you’re looking to upgrade, they also allow you to bring your own phone so you can save some more money.
- Affordable in Price. The cheapest cell phone plan through Wing Alpha is $12 per month but they can go up to $65 for a single plan, and they also have inexpensive family plans too.
- Family and Flip Phone Plan Available. If you need a cell phone plan for your family, Wing Alpha offers family plans where you can add up to nine lines, and even flip phone plans too, which are the cheapest in price.
- No-Contract Plans. Wing Alpha has no-contract plans so if you don’t like your plan and need to upgrade or downgrade it, you can do it any time with no penalties.
👎 What We Didn’t Like
- Pricier Unlimited Data Plans. Wing Alpha offers two unlimited data plans that range from $55 to $65 per line per month, which tends to be on the pricier side for unlimited plans.
- Deprioritization. Customers that have cell phone plans with the bigger carriers such as AT&T, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile will get any issues resolved before an MVNO, such as Wing Alpha.
- Pay Full Price For Cell Phones. If you are looking to get a new cell phone for your new plan, Wing Alpha sells phones, but you will pay full price for them with no discounts.
- No International Calling or Texting. International calling and texting, and even just to Canada or Mexico is not included in any of the Wing Alpha cell phone plans, which can be an inconvenience to some people.
- Only Set Amount of High-Speed Data Available. When you get an unlimited phone plan through Wing Alpha, you will only get a set amount of high-speed data, where you can get at most between 22 to 40 GB.
Wing Alpha Services & Features
It’s always important to get the most out of your cell phone plan and knowing the services and features that it offers can make your experience with a new carrier even better.
The services and features included in a Wing Alpha plan include the following:
- High-speed 5G data
- Unlimited talk and text
- 4G LTE and 5G available
- HD voice and Wi-Fi calling available
- Visual voicemail
- Hotspot available to use
- Picture and video messaging
- Group messaging
- Caller ID
Wing Alpha Plans & Pricing
The next thing to get to know are the plans that Wing Alpha offers and the prices of all of them. Getting to know the price of everything can help you to make a better decision when it comes to choosing a new cell phone carrier that fits within your budget.
The following are some of Wing Alpha’s plans and the prices:
- Flip Phone Plan - $12 per month for unlimited talk and text
- 1GB Plan - $15 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of data
- 2GB Plan - $25 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- 5GB Plan - $35 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data
- Unlimited Plan - $55 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 22GB of high-speed data
- Unlimited Plus Plan - $65 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 40GB of high-speed data
Wing Alpha Phone Selection
If you’re noticing that your current phone is slowing down, or maybe even still uses 3G data, which is soon to be gone from all carriers, it may be time to consider getting a new cell phone. Luckily, Wing Alpha offers a ton of different cell phones to its customers that you can choose from, and they have some of the latest generations of phones too.
Some of the cell phones that Wing Alpha offers its customers are the following:
- Apple iPhone 14
- Apple iPhone 14 Plus
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 13 Mini
- Apple iPhone SE 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S22+
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Google Pixel 5
How Well Does Wing Alpha Actually Work?
Call & Text Performance
A lot of Wing Alpha’s customers enjoy their plans simply because they can use whatever network works best in the area. They will be connected to either AT&T, Verizon Wireless, or T-Mobile’s network and many customers have stated that they have had no issues with calling or texting loved ones using this service.
Depending on the network that you are using, you will be able to experience amazing high-speed 4G LTE or 5G data speeds on a Wing Alpha plan with ease. If you experience any slower speeds, it means you exceeded your data limit and you will regain those high-speeds the following month.
Wing Alpha vs. Competitors
Wing Alpha has plenty of competitors when it comes to battling for who offers the best cell phone plans to their customers. There are a lot of reasons why people love Wing Alpha, but it’s also important to discuss their competitors and what they may be lacking.
Wing Alpha vs. Mint Mobile
Mint Mobile is one of the leading competitors when it comes to MVNOs because of their amazing customer satisfaction and affordable plans. One reason why Wing Alpha outshines Mint Mobile is that they don’t offer monthly plans. You have to choose between three-month, six-month, or a year-long plan when signing up for Mint Mobile.
Wing Alpha vs. Cricket Wireless
Cricket Wireless is another MVNO that has been out for many years. While they have accumulated many customers over the years, there are still some cons to Cricket Wireless. These can include an expensive basic plan, no Google phones being offered in their shop, and their phones are very expensive too.
Wing Alpha vs. Tello
Another MVNO that is very popular is Tello because of their incredibly low prices and plans that they offer. While Tello gives their customers endless opportunities to save money and more, they have some cons as well. It is known for having a spotty network, and adding multiple lines doesn’t save you any extra money.
Wing Alpha Customer Service
It’s important to know how easy it is to get in touch with customer service for Wing Alpha. There are a few different options to get a hold of Wing Alpha whether you’re a new customer, or if you already have an account with them.
You can submit an email request if you are experiencing any issues with your service, or you can go to their live chat and talk to a customer service representative, which is also the fastest way to reach them.
There are also three different phone numbers to call depending on what you are looking to do. If you need some support or are experiencing any issues with your service, you can call them at (818) 722-1441. If you’re a new customer, you can call (347) 565-5947, or if you’re ready to activate your plan, you can call (347) 688-8996.
What Customers Have to Say About Wing Alpha
“From the YouTube announcement to the website to the customer service to the step-by-step breakdown I have been so pleased. Wing has literally been the best company I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with across the board.” - Tiffany Hollar. (via Wing Alpha)
“Will be signing on with Wing in November but so far the customer service has been amazing. Rebecca has explained everything very thoroughly and has answered every single question I've had. I'm so excited to start saving money with such a nice cell service!!” - Samantha Welch. (via Wing Alpha)
“Finally someone offers a phone plan that doesn't feel like a rip off every month, plus I get more for my money. Great customer service, not only polite but very knowledgeable and fast. They even handled the end of my contract with my former carrier. Love this company.” - Belen Asteri. (via Wing Alpha)
Wing Alpha FAQ
If you are still on the fence about what the right cell phone plan is for you, but you’re leaning towards Wing Alpha, then there still may be some questions that you want and need answered.
Can You Add Tablets to a Wing Alpha Plan?
Wing Alpha not only lets you add cell phones to your plan, but also tablets, smartwatches, and you can even purchase airpods or Samsung Galaxy Buds.
How Do You Activate Your Plan With Wing Alpha?
If you are looking to activate your plan with Wing Alpha, it’s super easy. All you need to do is call the new customer number at (347) 565-5947, or if you’re all set up and ready to activate your plan, you can call (347) 688-8996.
Is Cell Phone Insurance Available?
Another great feature about Wing Alpha is that you can also get cell phone insurance that covers accidental damage, water damage, a broken screen, or lost or stolen items off of your plan.
Wing Alpha Offers Affordable Plans Perfect For Individuals or Families
Trying to find the perfect cell phone plan can be tough since there are so many to choose from. If you are looking for affordable plans where you can be connected to the best network in your area, then Wing Alpha is a great choice to invest in.