Being in a loving relationship is one of the best things that you can experience in life. From finding your other half and sharing a life and future with them is the greatest experience to have. Couples normally share plenty of things together, which can include a home, food, electronics, and even a cell phone plan too.
Cell phone plans are important for everyone to have because of the communication factor and how necessary they have become in society. Many couples often share a cell phone plan together to cut down on the cost of paying for a single plan by bundling and adding more lines.
If you and your significant other wish to find a cell phone plan that you both can share, here are the top plans to sign up for!
If you want to switch cell phone carriers, then consider looking into Really to help you with all of your phone services needs! At Really, you can compare phone plans to get more bang for your buck, and you can see what carriers and plans are in your area, sort by price, best value and more, and even click on the plan you wish to learn more about in an instant.
Tips When it Comes to Sharing a Cell Phone Plan With Your Partner
It’s important to have boundaries in any relationship, even when it comes to sharing a cell phone plan!
Many couples often get a cell phone plan together in order to save more money rather than paying for an individual plan. It could also be the next step into any relationship. Sharing a cell phone plan is something many couples do, but it’s important to establish boundaries in any relationship, even when it comes to this specific topic.
Have Significant Other Always Pay For Their Portion of The Plan
One of the most important parts of any relationship is being able to trust your partner and make sure that they’re not using you for the material items that you get them. One simple thing you can do when it comes to getting a cell phone plan with your significant other is to each pay for your half of the plan.
Many people will pay for the cell phone plan that they share with their partner, but they make their partner responsible for another bill to pay. It should always be 50/50 in a relationship and no matter what you both need in a plan, paying your portion of it is a fair thing to do.
Save More Money By Having a Plan Together
One of the best parts of getting a cell phone plan with your significant other is the fact that you can save more money by adding both of your lines to one plan. While having an individual plan can help to ensure that each person is responsible for their own plan, you can actually save money by adding both lines to one plan.
It is a fact that adding even just one more person to your cell phone plan can save you anywhere between $5 to $15 dollars compared to having one individual plan for each person. The more lines that you add onto any cell phone plan, the more money that you can save in the long run.
Get the Amount of Data You Need to Share
When it comes to choosing data for your plan with your significant other, it can be difficult to choose the right amount that you will both need. Someone can use more data than the other, so purchasing unlimited data may be more expensive for one person over the other. There are also set data allotment plans to choose from too that allow you to share a certain amount of data.
You may be wondering if it is easier to just get an unlimited data plan so you both can share and use as much data as you want, but if it’s just two people on a plan, you may be overpaying for it. People tend to only use about 6GB on average per month, so getting unlimited data could be costing you more money than you think.
Consider Some Entertainment Perks
One of the best things about getting a cell phone plan are the entertainment perks that you can get when signing up for a plan. There are a ton of perks that you can take advantage of when you get a plan that could be anything from streaming services for movies and TV shows, music, or even games too.
If there is a certain streaming service that you are interested in getting, it’s important to look into what carrier offers what. They could offer streaming services through Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, or even Apple Arcade that may offer six months free, or a certain percentage taken off every month.
Remember to Respect Each Other’s Privacy
It’s important to respect each other’s privacy in a relationship, and while you’re both sharing the same cell phone plan, it’s crucial to allow your partner to use their phone how they wish. One of the biggest things about any relationship is giving your partner some privacy and not snooping through their phone when they’re not looking.
Snooping through your significant other’s phone can mean there is not enough trust in a relationship, but this is something that you both can easily talk through and work on together. Sharing a cell phone plan doesn’t give you the right to go through the other’s cell phone plan, but it could be a way of strengthening your bond with one another.
The Top Cell Phone Plans Perfect For Any Couple
Getting the best cell phone plan to share with your significant other is easy with many carriers to choose from!
It is important to find the right cell phone plan to share with your partner. There are tons to choose from that each have their own set of features and prices that can easily give you what you both are looking for.
Check out some of the best cell phone plans that are available for couples to sign up for!
There is no cell phone carrier quite like Tello because they offer some of the best deals on a ton of different plans. No matter how many lines you need to add on your cell phone plan, Tello offers everything from unlimited talk and text, a set data allotment, a great price, and even T-Mobile’s fast and reliable coverage.
Tello has so many features to offer no matter what plan you choose:
- T-Mobile’s fast high-speed 5G nationwide service and coverage
- 4G LTE and 5G speeds available depending on your cell phone
- Unlimited texting available on all plans
- Free mobile hotspot included on all data plans
- Can use minutes in over 60+ international countries
- Plans automatically renew every thirty days
- No contract prepaid plans
- Can cancel at any time with no early termination fees
- Can upgrade or downgrade plan at any time with no extra fees
- Wi-Fi calling available
- Bring your own cell phone and number
- Buy smartphone if needed through online store
- Incredible customer service
Figuring out what plan that you want and need can be tricky because you need to figure out what kind of data allotment you need beforehand:
- $10 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data
- $14 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $19 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data
- $24 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
- $29 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and data
There is no carrier quite like Verizon Wireless because they offer such great service and fast and reliable 5G high-speed data no matter where you’re at. If you want to save money on a cell phone plan, specifically through an MVNO, consider checking out Visible. This is a mobile virtual network operator by Verizon that allows you to get their same service for an even better price.
Visible has a ton of features that you can get included in your plan no matter which one you pick:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data
- 4G LTE or 5G nationwide coverage
- Unlimited mobile hotspot
- Spam protection
- Unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada
- 5G ultra wideband on their most expensive plan
- Unlimited roaming in Mexico and Canada on most expensive plan
- International calling and texting to 30+ countries
- International texting to 200+ countries
- 24/7 access to customer service
- Add a smartwatch for and extra $5 per month
- No hidden fees
Picking a plan through Visible is super easy because there are only two plans that you can choose from:
- Visible Plan - $30 per month for unlimited talk, text, data, mobile hotspot, and 4G LTE and 5G nationwide coverage
- Visible+ Plan - $45 per month for unlimited talk, text, data, mobile hotspot, 4G LTE and 5G nationwide coverage, 5G ultra wideband, and premium network experience
If you and your significant other are on a tight budget, but you want to bundle both of your lines together to save more money on your cell phone plan, consider one through US Mobile. US Mobile is an MVNO that is known for having some of the most affordable prices, which you can use on either Verizon Wireless or T-Mobile’s network, depending on where you live and what works best.
US Mobile offer some unique features on all of their cell phone plans that consist of the following:
- Uses Verizon Wireless or T-Mobile’s 5G nationwide coverage
- Unlimited talk and text plans
- Set data allotment plans and unlimited data plans available
- Free SIM card with phone purchase
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Mobile hotspot available on most plans
- 24/7 customer service available
- Entertainment perks for video streaming, music, and gaming
- Discounts on more than two-line plans
There are a ton of plans to choose from through US Mobile and it can be hard to sort through all of the ones they have. Some of their most popular ones include:
- $10 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data
- $15 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 15GB of data
- $20 per line per month for for unlimited talk, text, and 25GB of data
- $35 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and data
- $45 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and high-speed 5G data
One of the best MVNOs to take advantage of is Mint Mobile. This carrier has taken off in recent years with their affordable deals on their cell phone plans, and also because they use T-Mobile’s incredible network service and coverage.
There are so many features that are offered through Mint Mobile that you and your significant other can take advantage of:
- Unlimited talk and text
- Set data allotment plans or unlimited plans offered
- Three-month, six-month, or year-long plans available
- T-Mobile’s nationwide 5G coverage
- High-speed 5G data
- Free calling to Mexico and Canada
- Free 3-in-1 SIM card included when you sign up
- Free mobile hotspot included in all plans
- Wi-Fi calling and texting
- Keep your current phone or buy a new one
- Keep your current phone number or get a new one
- Keep your contacts, photos, and apps when you switch plans
- Mint Mobile app available to make payments and more
Mint Mobile offers three-month, six-month, and year-round prepaid plans that you can get that range from:
- $15 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 4GB of data
- $20 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
- $25 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and 15GB of data
- $30 per line per month for unlimited talk, text, and data
Sometimes getting a cell phone plan through a large carrier is better because it will guarantee you some of the best service and coverage out there. T-Mobile’s Magenta plans are some of the best out of all of the cell phone carriers because of their affordable prices and the unlimited data plans they offer.
T-Mobile has some of the best cell phone features to offer on all of their plans that include the following:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data
- Truly unlimited 5G data on all plans
- International calling to Canada and Mexico
- Up to 40GB of a mobile hotspot
- Nationwide 4G LTE and/or 5G high-speed data
- Taxes and fees included in monthly price
- Exceptional customer service
- Bring your own cell phone and number
- Entertainment perks
- Scam shield to protect you against scammers
- T-Mobile Tuesdays for exclusive perks
- Travel benefits
There are three main plans to choose from whenever you’re selecting a cell phone plan through T-Mobile Magenta:
- Essentials Plan - $60 per month for four-lines for unlimited talk, text, data, and mobile hotspot
- Magenta Plan - $70 per month for four-lines for unlimited talk, text, data, mobile hotspot and 100GB of premium data
- Magenta MAX Plan - $85 per month for four-lines for unlimited talk, text, data, 40GB of premium high-speed mobile hotspot, 100GB of premium data, and Netflix
There are many cell phone carriers to look over whenever you’re selecting a cell phone plan for you and your significant other. It can be difficult to figure out which plan that you need, but knowing what features that you need on a plan and the price that you want to pay is an essential first step.
Make sure to check out some of the best cell phone plans for couples to decide which one is the best for you!