Looking for something new when it comes to your cell phone plan is a great idea. Sometimes getting a new plan through another carrier can help you to save more money and get the features that you love for half of the price as a big carrier like T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and AT&T.
We're sure that you’ve heard of Sprint, who has since merged with T-Mobile, but have you ever heard of Sprint Open World? This was an MVNO that was known for its international calling and texting features, which is great for someone who constantly travels—or has family members or friends that live outside the United States.
Want to get to know more about Sprint Open World? Here is some more insight into Sprint Open World, how much their plans cost, and what they have to offer!
Sprint Open World At a Glance
Getting to know more about a cell phone brand is an important thing to do before making any kind of decision on which plan you choose. Sprint Open World has a lot of unique features that they offer its customers.
Sprint Open World is an incredible feature with a lot to offer, so let’s take a look at this carrier at a glance and get to know them today!
What is Sprint Open World Best Known For?
Every single MVNO or big cell phone carrier is always known for something. For Sprint Open World, they were primarily known for their amazing international roaming calling and texting services. Hence the name Sprint Open World. If you had a T-Mobile plan, you were able to contact people from Canada, Mexico, Latin American countries, and plenty of other countries for free.
How Much Are Sprint Open World Plans?
Sprint Open World is no longer able to be purchased individually, but if you had Sprint, which now is a part of T-Mobile, you can still take advantage of their options and even T-Mobile’s upgraded Coverage Beyond plan, where you can get low-cost calling around 25 cents per minute.
What Kind of Plans Are Offered?
There are two main types of plans through Sprint Open World, or T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond that include the Magenta plan or the Magenta MAX plan. The Magenta plan offers customers 5GB of high-speed data in eleven European countries, while the Magenta MAX plan offers 5GB of high-speed data in 215+ countries and destinations.
What Network Does Sprint Open World Use?
Sprint Open World, which has now become T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond, runs off of T-Mobile’s own network that has excellent service and coverage throughout the United States and incredible high-speed 5G data.
T-Mobile offers their incredible Magenta Plans to customers looking for international talk and text to replace Sprint Open World. Image courtesy of Instagram.
Can You Use Your Own Cell Phone With Sprint Open World?
The new Sprint Open World, or T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond plans, only allow customers to use old Sprint cell phones or T-Mobile cell phone plans. You can bring another phone to their plan as long as it is unlocked and paid off by your previous carrier. Check the IMEI on your cell phone and make sure that it is compatible with a T-Mobile plan !
Sprint Open World: Pros & Cons
Sprint Open World has a lot of pros and cons that are important to discuss just like it is with any company. No carrier can be perfect, so it’s essential to consider what works best and what doesn’t.
Now that we know that Sprint Open World has become the brand new T-Mobile Coverage Beyond, it’s important to discuss these plans and get an idea of what they are and what people like and dislike about them.
Here are some of the pros and cons of T-Mobile Coverage Beyond that you need to know today!
👍 What We Liked
- T-Mobile’s 5G Network. T-Mobile is known to have one of the best 5G nationwide service and coverage throughout the United States, so Sprint merging into T-Mobile offers a lot of benefits.
- Very Affordable Plans. T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond has a ton of incredibly affordable plans for as little as 25 cents per minute in up to 215+ countries and destinations.
- Flexibility For What You Need to Travel. There are two plans that T-Mobile offers its customers, which is great if you are someone who strictly travels to Europe, or if you enjoy traveling all over the world.
- T-Mobile Tuesday Perks. Being a T-Mobile customer, you get to take advantage of T-Mobile Tuesdays, where they offer free stuff, amazing deals, and exclusive offers every Tuesday. Prizes can include exotic vacations, free phones, and even gift cards.
- Scam Blocking Features Included. No one likes to deal with spam calls, especially when you seem to be getting them all the time. T-Mobile offers its customers scam blocking features so you never have to worry about the mystery numbers calling you ever again.
👎 What We Didn’t Like
- Sprint Open World Replaced. Many people were upset over Sprint Open World’s disappearance and having to goto T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond, but they did get an increase in deals.
- Only 5GB of Hotspot Data Available. While you are able to get a ton of data to use no matter where you’re at, you can only get up to 5GB of a hotspot, which is nothing for people who use it a lot.
- Streaming Resolution Capped at 480p. While you get a free basic Netflix subscription with T-Mobile Magenta or Magenta MAX plan, you will only be able to get streaming resolution up to 480p.
- More Expensive For One-Line Plans. The biggest con for a T-Mobile Magenta cell phone plan is that they are more expensive to have only a one-line plan through, but you can save money by adding more people to a plan.
- Taxes and Fees Not Included in Plan. The price that you see on a T-Mobile Magenta plan won’t exactly be what you pay for. You will also have to pay for any taxes and hidden fees on top of how much your plan costs.
Sprint Open World Services & Features
The brand new T-Mobile Magenta Plans, formerly known as Sprint Open World, offers a ton of services and features to its customers. It’s important to get to know what each carrier offers its customers, and there are a ton of features that you will love, especially when it comes to international roaming.
Here are some of the services and features of T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond services and features!
- Unlimited 4G LTE and 5G high-speed data
- Nationwide 5G coverage
- Reliable customer service
- Unlimited talk and text
- Exclusive perks with T-Mobile Tuesdays
- Advanced scam blocking protection
- Free basic Netflix subscription
- 5 to 140GB mobile hotspot data available
Sprint Open World Plans & Pricing
Getting to know how much the cell phone plans cost through the former Sprint Open World is essential, so let’s discuss what you’ll pay for it.
Let’s discuss some of the plans and prices for the new T-Mobile Coverage Beyond and the Magenta plans!
- Essentials Plan - $60 per month for one-line and 50GB of premium data
- Essentials Plan - $90 per month for two-lines and 50GB of premium data
- Essentials Plan - $90 per month for three-lines and 50GB of premium data
- Magenta Plan - $70 per month for one-line, 100GB of premium data, and 5GB of a mobile hotspot
- Magenta Plan - $120 per month for two-lines, 100GB of premium data, and 5GB of a mobile hotspot
- Magenta Plan - $120 per month for three-lines, 100GB of premium data, and 5GB of a mobile hotspot
- Magenta MAX Plan - $85 per month for one-line, unlimited premium data, and 40GB of a mobile hotspot
- Magenta MAX Plan - $140 per month for two-lines, unlimited premium data, and 40GB of a mobile hotspot
- Magenta MAX Plan - $140 per month for three-lines, unlimited premium data, and 40GB of a mobile hotspot
Sprint Open World Phone Selection
Since Sprint has merged with T-Mobile, they offer their customers a lot of the best cell phones to date. With so many to offer from popular brands including Apple, Samsung, Morotold, Google, and even OnePlus, there is something out there for everyone.
Here is a list of some of the cell phones that are offered with T-Mobile Coverage Beyond plan:
- Apple iPhone 14 (all models)
- Apple iPhone 13 (all models)
- Apple iPhone 12 (all models)
- Apple iPhone SE
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4
- Samsung S22
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Google Pixel 7
- OnePlus 10T 5G
- OnePlus 9 5G
- OnePlus N300 5G
- Motorola Edge 2022
- T-Mobile REVVL 6 5G
- And many more!
How Well Does Sprint Open World Actually Work?
Call & Text Performance
T-Mobile has some of the best call and text performance throughout the United States. For most Americans, T-Mobile has amazing coverage, covering up to 99% of the country. There are not a lot of issues that T-Mobile customers experience with their call and text performance and they are able to send text messages with ease and never worry about dropping phone calls.
If you’re looking for some of the best 5G data speeds in all of the United States, then you’ll be happy with T-Mobile’s network. Typical download speeds on T-Mobile’s nationwide coverage can be anywhere from 35 to 335 MBPS, sometimes going over 1 GBPS.
Sprint Open World vs. Competitors
Every cell phone carrier out there has its competitors. Whether they’re competing over the prices of their plans, the features that they have, customer service reliability, or even how good their network coverage is, let’s see how Sprint Open World holds up.
Now that Sprint and T-Mobile have merged, it’s important to compare other international plans to see how the Coverage Beyond plans are better.
Sprint Open World vs. AT&T
T-Mobile and AT&T are both two of the largest cell phone carriers within the United States and they both have a ton of customers. They both feature international roaming plans, but offer different services and features. The main difference between the two is that AT&T’s international roaming plan is $10 a day instead of a base amount per month like T-Mobile’s Magenta plans.
Sprint Open World vs. Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is another competitor of T-Mobile that has a ton of perks, features, and services that are offered on all of their plans. While many people love what Verizon has to offer, they are more expensive than T-Mobile. Bundling with more lines can save you more money on a T-Mobile Magenta plan, butthrough Verizon’s international roaming plans, you will pay up to $100 per line for a total of ten days.
Sprint Open World vs. US Mobile
An MVNO that also gives Sprint Open World, now known as T-Mobile Coverage Beyond, a run for its money is US Mobile. While US Mobile plans are all super affordable for their customers, they only offer free international roaming to 100+ countries, while with T-Mobile plans it’s over 215+ countries.
Sprint Open World Customer Service
One of the most important things that comes with any carrier is making sure that they have good and reliable customer service to offer all of its customers. T-Mobile is known for having some great customer service that is available any time you need them in order to help get your cell phone, service, or coverage issues resolved and fast.
T-Mobile’s best way to contact their customer service is by calling their hotline at 1-800-937-8997 where you'll be routed to their team of experts who will be able to help you and point you in the right direction.
What Customers Have to Say About Sprint Open World
“I was an AT&T customer before I switched to T-Mobile Magenta Plan, a year ago. I love everything about T-Mobile. The best coverage, no more dropped calls, great deals and best family plan EVER! Thanks T-Mobile Tuesdays for all the discount coupons you send out .
A big shout out to my Missouri customer service team for always listening and addressing our concerns.” - Shakila Razack. (via Trustpilot)
“I use Galaxy S20 5G and my battery wouldn't charge. I've had problems with this phone from day one, BUT They found that there was a glitch in the phone. They gave me a T-Mobile certified pre-owned Phone. Is the exact same model, Color with charger. The performance of this phone is Excellent! Many Galaxy phone user's. Don't understand that it is truly a Smartphone! I appreciate T-Mobile representation for helping me With the problems I had and replacing my phone. I've been a T-Mobile customer For over 6 years now And I'm happy with their service.” - Tandra Martinez. (via Trustpilot)
“I would like to thank T-mobile for employing Evelyn. She's a representative that went above and beyond and fixed an issue I was having almost immediately. I really can't say enough about her level of customer service” - David Levy. (via Trustpilot)
Sprint Open World FAQ
You may have some lingering questions about Sprint Open World, or even T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond phone plans, and that is completely normal.
Let’s check out these frequently asked questions right away!
Is Sprint Open World Still Available?
Sprint Open World is not available to customers anymore, but since merging with T-Mobile, T-Mobile’s Coverage Beyond and Magenta plans are available for customers who enjoy traveling to more than 215+ countries.
What Countries Are Available to Call with a T-Mobile Magenta Plan?
You may also be wondering what countries are included in a T-Mobile Magenta plan that you are able to call and text from or to. These countries consist of Canada, Mexico, Australia, many countries in Europe, and Asia.
When Did T-Mobile and Sprint Merge?
On August 2, 2020, T-Mobile and Sprint merged into one carrier, so no new Sprint customers would be accepted and only T-Mobile ones are. Current Sprint customers can still go to T-Mobile stores and be accepted if they run into any issues with their service, coverage, or their cell phone.
Sprint Open World is Now T-Mobile’s Largest and Best International Roaming Plan
While Sprint Open World may be a thing of the past, since merging with T-Mobile, their Coverage Beyond feature has helped many people stay in touch with loved ones overseas. From being able to call or text to and from over 215 countries, and getting T-Mobile’s incredible 5G coverage and service, any customer would be extremely happy to get this plan and travel across the globe.