Saving money and moving to a new cell phone plan can seem extremely stressful. It’s important to find the right plan that not only fits your budget, but also provides all of the service and features that you’re looking for, and has great coverage.
Sometimes switching things up and checking out an MVNO instead of opting for a cell phone plan through AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, or any other big carrier can be a big money saver. This is where Gen Mobile, an extremely affordable MVNO, comes into play and it can help you save money, even on unlimited plans.
Let’s discuss some of the best plans and prices through Gen Mobile, and other important information!
Gen Mobile At a Glance
MVNOs have a ton of perks that they can offer all of their customers. While providing the same service and coverage that big carriers can, Gen Mobile has the ability to help you save money, and get the most out of your cell phone plan.
If you are interested in hearing a little bit more about Gen Mobile, then make sure to check out some fast facts about it right now!
What is Gen Mobile Best Known For?
Gen Mobile is known for offering a ton of prepaid cell phone plans with their incredibly fast 5G GSM network coverage. The two major cell phone carriers that use this network are AT&T and T-Mobile, so depending on the area you live in, you can take advantage of the network coverage from two very popular cell phone carriers, and save money as well.
What is the Price of a Gen Mobile Plan Per Month?
Getting a cell phone plan can be extremely expensive, but with Gen Mobile, you’ll be happy to know just how affordable their prepaid plans are. A Gen Mobile cell phone plan can cost anywhere from $10 to $50 per month where each of their plans come with amazing services and features you won’t want to miss.
What Kinds of Plans Are Offered Through Gen Mobile?
Gen Mobile is an MVNO that offers its customers a great selection of plans to choose from based on what their needs are. They offer monthly prepaid plans where you can choose how many GBs of data you need ranging from 1, 3, 7, 16, or unlimited. They also offer three-month plans you can purchase where you get three months of service up to 25% off.
What Network Does Gen Mobile Use?
The next important thing that you may be wondering is what network does Gen Mobile use? Gen Mobile uses a GSM network, which includes carriers such as AT&T or T-Mobile, which is some of the best in the United States. Gen Mobile exclusively uses T-Mobile’s network, so if you currently have a cell phone plan through them and want to switch to an MVNO, you can still enjoy the same service at Gen Mobile.
Can You Use Your Own Phone on a Gen Mobile Plan?
Some people don’t want to upgrade their cell phone whenever they try out a new carrier because it can be pricey, so if you’re someone who wants to bring their own phone, you’re in luck. You can bring your own cell phone to a Gen Mobile plan, but you will need to purchase the Bring Your Own Phone kit so their SIM card is able to work on your current phone.
Gen Mobile offers its customers a ton of affordable plans with T-Mobile’s network coverage, perfect for individuals and families. Image courtesy of Instagram.
Gen Mobile: Pros & Cons
There are always pros and cons to everything that you invest your money in. As much as we would like everything to be 100% positive, there are always some negatives that could potentially outweigh the positives.
Gen Mobile has its pros and cons like any other cell phone carrier, but they’re also important to discuss. Here are some of the pros and cons of Gen Mobile to check out!
👍 What We Liked
- Monthly or Three-Month Prepaid Plans. If you are looking for a cell phone plan that gives you flexibility with how long you want your plan for, Gen Mobile gives you the option for monthly or three-month plans.
- Great Service and Coverage. For an MVNO, Gen Mobile gives you the opportunity to try out T-Mobile’s nationwide 5G coverage for a fraction of the cost on all of their plans.
- Unlimited Plans Offered. For many customers searching for a new cell phone plan, unlimited talk, text, and data are what people look for, and Gen Mobile has this plan for $50 per month.
- Unlimited Global Texting on All Plans. Many people have loved ones that live in other parts of the world and it’s important to keep in touch with them, and with Gen Mobile unlimited global texting is available on all plans.
- Gen Mobile Care App Available. Gen Mobile offers their own app available where you can track your GB usage, make payments, change plans and more.
👎 What We Didn’t Like
- Bring Your Own Phone With a Fee. Bringing your own cell phone is always an option, but you have to pay $1 for the activation kit to make sure you can use it with their SIM card.
- Buy More Data if You Reach Allotment. One of the negatives of Gen Mobile is if you reach your data limit, then you need to buy more data. Most carriers give their customers lower data speeds, but you’ll have to buy more if you need more.
- Doesn’t Run on its Own Network. While a lot of people are looking for a carrier that runs on its own network, Gen Mobile runs on T-Mobile’s coverage, which is still great and has incredible service and coverage.
- Global Calling Only Available to 100 Countries. While Gen Mobile offers unlimited global calling, it is only available to 100 select countries, which can be inconvenient for some people.
- Offer Customers Older Models of Cell Phones. Getting the latest cell phone may be something on everyone’s mind when getting a new plan, but Gen Mobile offers only the older versions of iPhone, Samsung, and Motorola phones.
Gen Mobile Services & Features
Making sure that you get the most out of your cell phone plan is essential no matter what carrier you have. Gen Mobile offers a ton of services and features to its customers to help make sure that they are saving money, and are happy with their plan.
Here are some of the best services and features that Gen Mobile has to offer:
- Money back guarantee if you don’t enjoy Gen Mobile
- High-speed 4G LTE or 5G data
- No annual contracts
- AT&T or T-Mobile’s 5G network coverage available
- Unlimited global texting
- Gen Mobile Care app free to use for all customers
Gen Mobile’s Plans & Pricing
Getting familiar with Gen Mobile’s plans and prices is also something that every customer wants to get to know before settling for the first plan they see. There are a few different options for plans and their prices, so it’s important to mention a few.
Here is Gen Mobile’s plans and prices that are offered to their customers:
- Monthly Phone Plans:
- $10 per month for 1GB of data
- $20 per month for 3GB of data
- $30 per month for 7GB of data
- $40 per month for 16GB of data
- $50 per month for unlimited data
- Three-Month Plans:
- $9 per month for 1GB of data
- $18 per month for 3GB of data
- $26 per month for 7GB of data
- $34 per month for 16GB of data
- $38 per month for unlimited data
Gen Mobile’s Phone Selection
Gen Mobile offers its customers select older versions of iPhone, Samsung, and Motorola cell phones if they don’t plan on bringing their own phone to their new plan.
Here are a few of the cell phones that Gen Mobile offers its customers:
- Motorola Moto G7 Play
- Motorola Moto G Power
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone XR
- Apple iPhone XS
- Apple iPhone XS Max
- Apple iPhone X
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S10
How Well Does Gen Mobile Actually Work?
Call & Text Performance
Getting to know the call and text performance that Gen Mobile offers is essential to ensure that it is reliable and offers great service and coverage no matter where you are. Customers have reported no issues with calling or texting on their cell phones whether it's nationwide, or global.
Data speeds are also extremely important when it comes to signing up for a new cell phone plan through another carrier. They can make or break whether someone decides on trying out a new cell phone carrier, but Gen Mobile offers the fastest 4G LTE and 5G data speeds around on T-Mobile's network coverage.
Gen Mobile vs. Competitors
Gen Mobile is an incredible MVNO that has plenty of competitors. It’s important to go over some of the biggest competitors of Gen Mobile to see what they’re up against.
Let’s discuss a few of their competitors and what they don’t have compared to Gen Mobile!
Gen Mobile vs. Straight Talk Wireless
Straight Talk Wireless is known to be one of Gen Mobile’s biggest competitors. It is one of the most popular MVNOs out there, but there are some cons that it has compared to Gen Mobile. Straight Talk Wireless tends to have slow data speeds, poor customer service, and the cell phones that they sell are known to be expensive.
Gen Mobile vs. Cricket Wireless
Another known competitor of Gen Mobile is Cricket Wireless due to how popular it is among MVNOs. Cricket Wireless is a great MVNO, but it has a few different negative things about it that are important to discuss. From poor customer service, pricey cell phones, a small selection of cell phones to choose from, and even an expensive basic plan, there’s many reasons why people choose Gen Mobile instead.
Gen Mobile vs. Tello
Tello is another MVNO that is in competition with Gen Mobile based on their prices, plans, and what they have to offer its customers. Tello has a few cons that make Gen Mobile better as a cell phone carrier, such as having a 25GB cap on their unlimited data plan, it doesn’t have the fastest data speeds, and there are only a few cell phone selections that they offer.
Gen Mobile Customer Service
Customer service is always important no matter the company. Making sure that customer service representatives are there to help resolve any issues with activating your phone, choosing the best phone for you, and even just any problems with service and coverage, they should always be there for you.
Getting to know Gen Mobile’s customer service and how to get a hold of them is extremely important. There are a couple ways to do so, the main one being by calling them. From your Gen Mobile phone, you can dial *611, or you can dial (833) 528- 1380.
You can also go on their website and submit a request for help where they will get back to you within one business day.
What Customers Have to Say About Gen Mobile
“Great company!” - Michael. (via Trustpilot)
Gen Mobile FAQ
There are almost always a few questions that are left unanswered before fully committing to a new cell phone carrier. It’s important to discuss all the questions you have before signing up for anything so you know what to expect beforehand.
We looked over all of Gen Mobile’s frequently asked questions and decided to discuss them with you to help you easily make your decision on if they’re the right carrier for you or not.
Who Owns Gen Mobile?
You may be wondering who actually owns Gen Mobile, and it’s an important fact to know before signing up for any phone plan. Gen Mobile is owned by Dish Wireless, an American television provider, but they also offer their own internet services as well. Dish Wireless also owns a couple other MVNOs such as Boost Mobile, Project Genesis, Ting Mobile, and Republic Wireless.
Does Gen Mobile Have Unlimited Data?
The simple answer is yes, Gen Mobile offers unlimited data on their unlimited plan for a total of $50 per month where you can also take advantage of unlimited talk and text, unlimited global calling to 100 different countries, and a 10GB mobile hotspot as well.
Is Gen Mobile Good?
Many people are curious as to Gen Mobile and how reliable it is. Oftentimes people wonder how good it is for being such a small MVNO and the answer is that it is great for people who don’t use or need a lot of data. Getting one of their fixed data plans could save you a ton of money, and even their unlimited plan is extremely affordable as well.
Gen Mobile is an Affordable MVNO Offering Fixed and Unlimited Data Plans
While there are so many MVNOs to choose from when it comes to signing up for a new cell phone plan, Gen Mobile may be the best carrier for you. Offering you everything from unlimited talk, text, and data, global calling, and all for a great price, there’s no wonder why so many people enjoy this MVNO.