Promoting a positive change no matter what it is can be an important part of everyday life. There are changes that need to be made all around the world with so many issues every day. Trying to be a positive change and even donating to organizations that are all about change, can do wonders for humanity.
If you are looking for a new cell phone carrier to switch to, but also help to make a change throughout the world, then Credo Mobile is a great option to choose. Having a phone plan through them can be beneficial because not only are you saving money with great service and coverage, but the profits will also be donated to social change.
Credo Mobile is full of surprises for its customers that are worth looking into, so let’s take a deep dive into this MVNO and what they offer!
Credo Mobile At a Glance
It’s always important to get to know a little bit more about a cell phone carrier before making a final decision. Credo Mobile has a lot to offer its customers and it’s important to get to know what plans they offer, the network they use, and other essential information.
Here is a little bit more about Credo Mobile and what they’re about!
What is Credo Mobile Best Known For?
Credo Mobile is an incredible mobile phone carrier because of their social mission behind providing their customers top notch service and coverage at a great price. Their mission was to build a business that works towards social change. They have donated over $94 million to nonprofit groups to make a change throughout the world and with every customer, they can donate more money.
How Much is a Credo Mobile Plan Per Month?
The next important thing is to get an idea of how much you will be paying per month for a cell phone plan through Credo Mobile. They offer super affordable plans where you can pay anywhere from $35 to $70 for one-line, or you can add up to five-lines, which can cost a total of around $115 to $145.
What Kinds of Plans Are Offered?
Credo Mobile offers a ton of different plans that are perfect for just yourself, or even for your family. Their multi-family plans can range anywhere from two to five people, and the more people that you add on their plans, the more money you save. They also offer set data limits per month on their plans, or unlimited data plans if you prefer that instead.
What Network Does Credo Mobile Use?
Another essential fact to get to know is what networkCredo Mobile uses so you can get the most out of your service and coverage. If you are already a customer with Verizon Wireless, you will be happy to know that Credo Mobile uses their 5G nationwide coverage, which many customers are satisfied with.
Can You Use Your Own Phone?
If you’re not looking to get a new cell phone right now, one of the best things that you can do is to bring your own phone to a Credo Mobile cell phone plan! You can save even more money on your cell phone plan by bringing your own cell phone, you just have to plug in the IMEI number on your phone to make sure it’s compatible.
Credo Mobile offers so many amazing deals on their cell phone plans, and they also give the money that they collect to nonprofit organizations across the country. Image courtesy of Instagram.
Credo Mobile: Pros & Cons
Getting to know the pros and cons are essential when it comes to any cell phone carrier. There are always things that we will love and some things that we hate, but as long as the pros outweigh cons, then it can help make your decision a lot easier.
It’s important to get to know the pros and cons of Credo Mobile, so let’s discuss a few today!
👍 What We Liked
- Profits Go to a Good Cause. If you want to get a cell phone plan with a carrier that cares about people, you’ll love the nonprofit organizations that they donate every year.
- Multi-Family Plans. No matter if you’re getting a cell phone plan for just yourself, or for your family, you can add anywhere from one to five lines on all of their plans.
- Bring Your Own Phone for Free. While other carriers charge you to bring your current cell phone to their plans, Credo Mobile allows you to use your own cell phone free of charge by giving you a free SIM card.
- Set Data Plans and Unlimited Plans. Credo Mobile offers a ton of flexibility with their plans, offering both set data plans with a certain allotment each month, or unlimited plans.
- Amazing Cell Phone Selection. The cell phone selection through Credo Mobile is some of the best among MVNOs since they offer the latest cell phones from many reputable brands.
👎 What We Didn’t Like
- Online Sales and Customer Service Only. Credo Mobile doesn’t have any physical stores to go to and sign up for their cell phone plans, and it is instead strictly online-only.
- A More Expensive MVNO. Single plans through Credo Mobile can be a tad pricier compared to other MVNOs and they start at around $35 per month.
- Verizon Coverage Not Available Everywhere. It’s always a good thing to double check and see if Verizon Wireless’ coverage is available where you live because other networks could potentially be more suitable instead.
- Mobile Hotspot Not Available on All Plans. Credo Mobile does offer tethering, or a mobile hotspot, but only on some of their cell phone plans. Their unlimited plan offers up to 20GB of a mobile hotspot.
- No International Calling or Texting. There is no international calling or texting available on any Credo Mobile plans, only free calling to Canada and Mexico.
Credo Mobile Services & Features
The services and features that are offered on each mobile phone carrier are among the most important things to know. Making sure that a carrier offers everything you need, and maybe even some extra perks, is what makes customers happy at the end of the day.
Here are some of Credo Mobile’s services and features that are offered on all of their plans:
- Unlimited talk and text on all plans
- 5G access on Verizon’s network at no extra cost
- HD video streaming available
- Long distance calling to Canada and Mexico
- $1 million donated every year to progressive change
- Bring your own cell phone
- 1GB, 3GB, 9GB, 15GB, and unlimited plans available
Credo Mobile Plans & Pricing
Credo Mobile has a ton of plans for its customers from individual plans and multi-family plans at varying prices. Getting to know the plans and prices of a cell phone carrier is essential so you can be sure that it fits within your budget.
Let’s look at some of Credo Mobile’s plans and prices to make sure that this carrier is right for you!
- $35 per month for one-line, unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of high-speed data
- $50 per month for one-line, unlimited talk, text, and 3GBs of high-speed data
- $35 per month for one-line, unlimited talk, text, and 9GBs of high-speed data
- $60 per month for one-line, unlimited talk, text, and 15GBs of high-speed data
- $70 per month for one-line, unlimited talk, text, and high-speed data
- $25 per month for three-lines, unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of high-speed data
- $30 per month for three-lines, unlimited talk, text, and 3GBs of high-speed data
- $20 per month for three-lines, unlimited talk, text, and 9GBs of high-speed data
- $25 per month for three-lines, unlimited talk, text, and 15GBs of high-speed data
- $45 per month for three-lines, unlimited talk, text, and high-speed data
- And more!
Credo Mobile Phone Selection
Credo Mobile offers a ton of the best cell phones from reputable brands such as Apple and Samsung and they even sell some of the newest phones to its customers. There are plenty of options to choose from, and if you’re considering a new cell phone, it’s important to know that Credo Mobile offers what you need at half the price.
There is a pretty good selection of cell phones offered at Credo Mobile, so here is a list of what they sell:
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro
- Apple iPhone 14
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 13 Mini
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPad 10.2
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- NUU F4L
How Well Does Credo Mobile Actually Work?
Call & Text Performance
Lots of customers enjoy Credo Mobile’s network coverage because of how great the call and text performance is. Running on Verizon Wireless’ network, customers rarely ever experience any issues with calling or texting their loved ones. Many customers report experiencing no dropped calls or undelivered text messages, which makes this a great MVNO to take advantage of.
The next important thing to know is how good the data speeds are with Credo Mobile. Credo Mobile uses great network coverage through Verizon Wireless, where most of the United States is covered with 5G access. If you live in a rural area, Credo Mobile is a great choice because you’ll be able to take advantage of the fast 5G data speeds with download speeds up to 5MBPS and upload speeds of 2MBPS.
Credo Mobile vs. Competitors
Knowing Credo Mobile’s competitors is important. This helps to narrow down your decision if Credo Mobile is the right carrier for you or not.
Make sure to check out some of Credo Mobile’s competitors that we listed below:
Credo Mobile vs. Red Pocket Mobile
Red Pocket Mobile is a huge competitor of Credo Mobile, and while they offer more affordable plans to their customers, they have some cons as well. First off, they have a wireless service that can be at a disadvantage to its customers, potentially slow data speeds, and their free international calling is very limited.
Credo Mobile vs. Ultra Mobile
Credo Mobile has plenty of competitors including Ultra Mobile. While Ultra Mobile is great for people who love to travel with their free international talk to over 80+ countries, they have data caps and limited high-speed data.
Credo Mobile vs. Republic Wireless
Another competitor of Credo Mobile’s is Republic Wireless, which can have a lot of benefits and be easy on the wallet for many customers. The one downfall of Republic Wireless is that you need to purchase one of their cell phones in order to have a plan through their carrier, and you can experience dropped calls.
Credo Mobile Customer Service
Getting to know your potential carrier’s customer service is extremely important because it ensures there are reliable customer service agents that can help you whenever you’re struggling with your service or plan.
Credo Mobile has amazing customer service that is there to help you with any issues that you may run into. Their customer service is super easy to get a hold of and all you need to do is contact their toll-free number at 800-411-0848. You can contact them from 6:30 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday PST time, or 7 am to 3 pm on Saturday PST time.
You can also sign into your account on Credo Mobile’s website and chat with a live customer service representative at the same hours that you can call them.
What Customers Have to Say About Credo Mobile
“Credo is a great way to give back to the people on the frontlines of humanitarian causes. AT&T and Verizon own 100% of cell towers now. Every company uses those towers. So this dribble about bad coverage is suspect. They contribute on a global level to strictly humanitarian causes and to earth-first climate policies. Black Lives Matter, etcetera. 2 years now. Plus, they gave me major latitude during covid.” - Carlton. (via Trustpilot)
“I have been a loyal customer for almost 10 years. They answer their customer service lines right away and always resolve any issues professionally. I always get a great deal on an awesome phone. I am currently using my phone to work customer service from home for 8+ hours a day and it works well. I used to travel in the U.S. and abroad for work and never had any issues with service or coverage areas. National, international no problem. I know what my monthly service charges are consistently. Even working abroad.” - Paula Martin. (via Trustpilot)
“They donate to progressive organizations, which I love! Runs on the Verizon network and we haven’t had any issues! Highly recommend.” - Jordan. (via Trustpilot)
Credo Mobile FAQ
It’s important to make sure that all your questions get answered before signing up for a plan.
We pulled some of the most frequently asked questions about Credo Mobile, so let’s check out the answers below!
What Nonprofit Organizations Does Credo Mobile Donate to?
Since Credo Mobile is known for donating to many nonprofit organizations every year, it’s also important to know which ones they are giving millions of dollars to. Some of the organizations they donate to include Black Alliance for Just Immigration, Amnesty International, March For Our Lives, Doctors Without Borders, and plenty of others.
Does Credo Mobile Do Credit Checks?
When you sign up for a Credo Mobile cell phone plan, they require that all of their plans are postpaid and the potential customer needs a credit check before getting a plan. Verizon Wireless offers the best nationwide coverage, so it may be worth it to get the credit check and get a Credo Mobile plan.
Who is Credo Mobile Owned By?
Credo Mobile is owned by Verizon Wireless, and they use their network coverage as well.
Credo Mobile is a Charitable Carrier With Great Prices and Plans
Looking around and trying to find the best cell phone carrier can be tough, especially if you’re interested in an MVNO that can help save you money. No matter what you’re looking for, Credo Mobile may be a great option because of their affordable plans, great features, plus getting a plan with them also helps support a good cause.